Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Reinstated, and it feels so good

The Denver Democratic Party reinstated me as a county convention delegate last night after I proved I'd been registered with them for over a year. I was not alone:
Ten of the 172 delegates and alternates suspected of crashing Feb. 5 party caucuses persuaded a credentials committee Monday that they are, indeed, Denver Democrats.
The story last week was that high turnout brought in a lot of idiots who didn't know that they weren't registered Democrats or didn't know what precinct they were in. In short, it was the voters' fault. But as ten of us proved last night, voters sometimes get it right, while local parties sometimes fail to keep accurate records. I wonder how many other people are still going to be disqualified just because they couldn't get to a meeting on Monday night.

No comments: